1. The dome roof is comprised of 1,350 TONS of concrete.
2. The outer compression ring is 4 feet thick and holds 48 one inch steel cables that are tightened to hold in the outward pressure of the structure.
3. The highest point of the roof is 165′ 4″ above the ground floor.
…not for those afraid of heights!
4. The scoreboard weighs about 30,000 lbs.
5. The ice rink was added in 1995 by raising the concrete floor 10″ and adding 8 miles of piping to pump in crazy cold antifreeze to freeze the ice.
6. There are 10,873 permanently mounted seats +5,000 portable chairs.
7. Our crew can convert from basketball to hockey in as little as 6 hours.
8. Combined in both buildings there are 191 toilets, 145 sinks, 102 urinals, and 12 showers.
9. In a year we use 250 gallons of nacho peppers.
10. …and 1000 gallons of cheese sauce.
11. …850 kegs of beer.
12. and 3000 lbs. of popcorn seeds.
and now you know some impressive facts to entertain people with.